As you recognize, fish could be a vital a part of the Mediterranean diet, it´s low in fat, high in protein and loaded with such a big amount of health benefits. therewith being said, today we´re making the last word Spanish Cod Recipe with pasta sauce. This dish is loaded with flavors, easy to form and it´s all done using only 1 pan.
Cod could be a very hip fish to eat Spain, specially within the northern region of the Basque country. it’s a awfully mild fish with a good texture and absorbs all the good flavors from any sauce that it´s cooked in. to create this recipe affordable I used frozen cod and thawed it out, for a dish like this you don´t must use fresh cod and pay those expensive prices.
So many people be from cooking fish reception and like to enjoy it while dining out. Main reason being the general public over-cook fish and once they make out usually tends to possess a dry and unsightly texture thereto.
Here is that the secret on the way to perfectly and simply cook cod. the key is to possess a awfully hot pan with some oil in it and sear either side for exactly 2 minutes (the thickness of my fillets where 1 inch). After a complete cooking time of 4 minutes remove the fillets from the pan, transfer to a dish and canopy with foil paper.
Once your cod is finished you’ll make your sauce within the pan so add the cod into the pan at the top to heat it through. Watch the video below on the way to make the final word Spanish Cod Recipe with pasta sauce or take a look at the recipe card below, which you’ll print. Salud!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Spanish olive oil
- 1 fillet of cod 14oz/400g
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 14 ounce/400 gram can tomato puree
- sea salt
- black pepper
- white sugar
- fresh parsley
- Thinly slice 3 cloves of garlic, finely dice 1 small onion, finely dice 1/2 of a red bell pepper and 1/2 of a green bell pepper, pat down a 14 oz/400 gram fillet of cod with paper towels, cut it into 4 evenly sized pieces, then season them with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin Spanish olive oil, 2 minutes after adding the oil add the fillets of cod into the pan skin side up, 2 minutes later flip the fillets, after a total cooking time of 4 minutes remove the cod fillets from the pan and transfer them into a dish and cover it with seran wrap
- Using the same pan with the same heat add the sliced garlic and diced onions into the pan and mix them with the oil, scrapping up anything that was left over from the cod, after about 1 minute add the diced bell bell peppers into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, then season everything with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and a generous 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika and mix everything together, then add one 14 ounce/400 gram can of tomato puree, season again with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and a kiss of white sugar, mix it all together until well combined and lower the fire to a LOW heat
- After leaving the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes add the fillets of cod back into the pan and place a lid on top, 2 minutes later remove the lid and transfer the pan to a flat surface, serve directly from the pan, garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and a couple slices of lemon, enjoy!