Recap: Stocks and bonds climbed globally aboard North American nation equity futures yesterday as investors cheered the unexampled measures being taken by central banks and governments to defend jobs and economies from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The SET index touched during a vary of one,010.60 and 1,105.20 points on the week before closing yesterday at one,127.24, down 0.1% from the previous week (when it lost seventeen.9%), in turnover averaging sixty nine.83 billion tical every day.
Institutional investors were internet consumers of fourteen.4 billion tical, retail investors bought eight.9 billion and brokerage companies purchased three.6 billion value of shares. Foreign investors were internet sellers of twenty six.9 billion tical.
Newsmakers: the primary human trial to judge a candidate immunizing agent against the new coronavirus has begun in port of entry, whereas of metropolis, the centre of China’s coronavirus occurrence, reportable no new infections for the primary time, in distinction to a surge in foreign cases light-emitting diode by new infections in Peiping.
- The North American nation Fed proclaimed forceful emergency measures to prop confidence and keep the monetary sector running, as well as dynamical its key rate to virtually zero. The Trump administration is considering a stimulation arrange that might reach US$1.2 trillion, whereas the eu financial organization is about to pay €750 billion on “emergency” bond purchases.
- Joe Biden won the Arizona primary over Bernie Sanders, giving him a sweep of the 3 U.S. states that voted on weekday to decide on a Democratic candidate to face President Trump in Gregorian calendar month.
- Malaysia has started a two-week internment. All public activities — spiritual or otherwise — need to be delayed, businesses should stop working apart from markets and retailers that sell daily requirements. colleges even have to shut.
- The Philippine securities market recorded its biggest one-day loss in history on Thursday, when commercialism resumed following AN unexampled two-day closedown. The index closed down quite thirteen at AN eight-year low, when a record-setting intraday plunge of twenty four.3%.
- Vietnam Airlines aforesaid it’d suspend all international flights till a minimum of April thirty due to the coronavirus happening. The budget carrier VietJet Air suspended all flights to major Southeast Asian destinations from yesterday.
- The Bank of Asian nation still has financial policy house for additional rate cuts to cushion the impacts from Covid-19, and can take into consideration the United States of America Federal Reserve’s emergency rate cut at its meeting on quarter day, says a senior Finance Ministry official.
- The stock market of Asian nation revised the laws for triggering a circuit-breaker, to associate degree 8 May 1945 decline from a tenth decline earlier, and therefore the ceiling and floor limits for securities merchandise in an exceedingly bid to curb volatility. The rule changes are going to be in result till Gregorian calendar month thirty.
- The Bank of Asian nation says all money establishments should continue providing seven money services — deposits, cash withdrawals, fund transfers, payments, money management and settlement systems — in an attempt to avoid potential virus-related disruption.
- Internal Trade Department director-general Whichai Phochanakij tendered his resignation, every day when being transferred to associate degree inactive post unfinished associate degree investigation into the shortage of face masks, effective Apr twenty three.
- The Thai Chamber of Commerce is looking on the govt. to come back up with imperative measures to assist “salarymen” as several employers have begun golf shot their employees on fifteen days’ unpaid leave.
- The commercial enterprise Ministry is poised to come back one.4 billion tical in deposits to tour firms that registered with the commercial enterprise Department, whereas acknowledging that a year-long pandemic may slash the quantity of international guests this year by seventy fifth, to ten million.
- commercial enterprise operators complain they need not nevertheless received assistance despite a inexperienced lightweight from the Bank of Asian nation, voice communication a minimum of five,000 companies have closed or suspended operations. they’re conjointly urging the govt. to enforce a two-week imprisonment to stay the virus from spreading and making a deeper impact on the economy.
- many insurance firms ar poised to suspend sales of Covid-19 insurance merchandise with a lump-sum payout as policy sales approach their threshold of five hundred,000 to 750,000.
- transportable SIM cards with unlimited web service are going to be distributed to incoming travellers at no cost before they suffer immigration counters as a part of a move to assist track arrivals amid the coronavirus natural event.
- The Land Transport Federation of Asian nation expects shipments via land transport to still drop attributable to the Covid-19 natural event.
- The unfold of Covid-19 in Asia is anticipated to contribute to a three.1% decline in unit sales of cars this year because the region deals with provide chain disruption and client caution, musteline Solutions has forecast.
- Thailand’s IT defrayment are going to be subdued this year, with exiguous or flat growth because the best-case state of affairs, consistent with technical school pundits.
- the govt is functioning with four digital platform suppliers and 6 medium operators to produce free downloadable on-line platforms and free net airtime for civil servants and state enterprise staff in order that they will work from home.
- B.Grimm Power Plc has noninheritable a seventieth stake in Angthong Power Co, a gas-fired station beneath the little power producer theme, for 2.52 billion Thai monetary unit.
- SET-listed PTG Energy Plc (PTG), the owner of the atomic number 78 fuel retail whole, says it’ll apportion five billion Thai monetary unit to expand more into non-oil businesses and upgrade existing facilities.
- FWD cluster has stricken a deal to sell its bancassurance partnership contract with TMB Bank to prudent insurance Siam in a very deal price twenty billion Thai monetary unit, per the Hong Kong-based insurance company.
Coming up: FRG can unharness the March business climate outlook on Wednesday, GB can unharness Gregorian calendar month inflation, and therefore the United States of America can unharness Gregorian calendar month consumer goods orders.
- The Bank of England can announce its rate call on weekday, with the United States of America emotional final fourth-quarter value knowledge and FRG emotional Gregorian calendar month shopper confidence an equivalent day.
- The United States of America can unharness Gregorian calendar month income and disbursal knowledge on Friday.
Stocks to watch: KTB Securities Siam recommends finance in capitalisation stocks with high dividend payments and people with share costs that became the bottom. Its picks ar PTT, ADVANC, GULF, rachet and BAM.
Kasikorn Securities recommends finance in capitalisation stocks wherever share costs still stay low compared to honest worth. Its picks ar SCC, BEM, PTTGC, CPALL and GPSC.
Technical view: Kasikorn Securities sees support at one,100 points and resistance at one,180. KTB Securities Siam sees support at one,100 and resistance at one,200.